Sunday, May 6, 2012

Day 2: Weddings & Beyond Bridal Fair

I went back yesterday to the "Weddings & Beyond" bridal fair held in The Tent. My goals for doing this are as follows:
  • Update our contract with Nice Print Photography to include the On-site Photo Slideshow which usually costs an additional P5,000. I requested this as free add-on and Bien who is my contact agreed over the phone. I wanted to see this reflected in the contract.
  • Look for a jeweler and avail of the bridal fair discount.
  • Look for a couturier with experience in making the gown design i wanted. 
Wedding Bands
There were several booths I visited and all were offering 14K rings that are either white gold, yellow gold, rose gold or a combination of these and platinum which I learned was more expensive. I knew that I wanted a ring that would have diamonds in them and I knew that JP wanted a simple band that was pure white gold. 

The first shop I visited was Golden Hills with stores in SM North EDSA and SM Megamall. They had a wide range of designs and was offering 20% discount with a minimum of P1,000 for down payment. They had several rings that would fit our budget and those that even resembled the stainless 'couples ring' that I was wearing. But none that I felt was right for us.

The second shop I visited was Meicel Jewelry. Their shop is not located inside a mall so I thought they could offer a more competitive price. The owner whose name I forgot to ask, was very accommodating. I told him the design I was looking for, the color and my budget. He helped me go through the white gold rings and allowed me to try on some. He knew I wanted a ring adorned with some roughly cut diamonds. He explained to me that their rings are quite different from what others were offering because the color was clearer and did not cast a yellowish color. He let me try on a ring that had 9 x 0.2 carat diamonds and I felt quite happy wearing them! I was told that the clarity was G and although I have no idea what that meant, I was convinced nonetheless and paid the minimum down payment of P2,000. They gave me 25% bridal fair discount and the final price of the rings was P10,000+ more than my original budget. We could have paid our OTD coordinator with the additional amount, but I have no regrets. We will be wearing the rings everyday and I want them to make us smile each time we see them :) 

JP and I will choose our final design next week & I am confident that we will find something that we will both be happy wearing for the rest of our lives. Feel free to browse through their collection of white gold rings. Here is the one that I really liked:


Couturier
There were several well known exhibitors at the bridal fair such as Edd Sy and Edward Teng. There was even an exhibitor from Laguna that could make hand-embroidered gowns in pina cloth for the price of 60K. I visited their booth and looked at the packages they were offering even though I knew I could not afford them. 

I was already losing hope until I came across a poorly lit booth that showcased simple yet elegant gowns and became interested. The first thing I asked was where the store was located. When they said they have a shop in Tiendesitas I sat down and asked if I can see more of the gowns they have created in the past. I was so surprised to see that they have created a gown that was very similar to the Cecilio Abad gown that I have in mind! So close that I thought they were bluffing!

I became really excited and thought this was destiny! I will visit their shop sometime this week and see if they can accommodate my demands given the short period of time available. 

Here are some of their sample works:



K.M. AQUINO COLLECTION'S

By: Kathleen M. Aquino
Bldg 5 Stall 6 Novelty Village
Tiendesitas Brgy Ugong Pasig City
(0929)706-9563
(02)513-7791
(02) 547-9838 to 39

Package 1 php 40,000.00 (10 persons)
Wedding Gown- Made of Satin or Chiffon
(1) Maid of Honor
(3) Bridesmaids
(3) Secondary Sponsor
(2) Flower Girl

Package 2 php 45,000.00 (10 persons)
Wedding Gown- Made of Ducheese Satin
(1) Maid of Honor
(3) Bridesmaids
(3) Secondary Sponsor
(2) Flower Girl

Package 3 php 60,000.00 (12 persons)
Wedding Gown- Made of Mekado
(1) Maid of Honor
(3) Bridesmaids
(3) Secondary Sponsor
(2) Flower Girl
(2) Mother's

I do not know if they will be our official couturier. I will know after I visit their shop this week & discuss with them the maid of honor, bridesmaid and flower girl gowns I wanted.

Nice Print Photography
Right before closing, I dropped by the Nice Print Photography booth and asked if they can accommodate my request to include the onsite photo slideshow, to replace the AVP of scanned, old photos they offered as freebie initially. An onsite photo slideshow was a better deal I thought even though they both cost P5000. I easily can make the AVP myself using MS Office PowerPoint or the Windows Live Movie Maker.

Ate Bien excitedly showed me that she has already updated our contract. No further discussions needed. I will talk to her again this week to discuss the engagement shoot.

If I have time, I will write about Day 1 of the "Weddings & Beyond" bridal fair also :)

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Wow, I am so pleased to read through your experience in "Weddings & Beyond" bridal fair. It seems like an ideal event. We have also been making a list of best wedding venues for our fairy themed wedding and after deciding on location I would also attend such inspirational events.