Friday, April 6, 2012

The Proposal

Actually, there wasn't any.

JP has made it clear to me even before that I was the one for him. He would often tell me that I was the only one he can see himself growing old with. And I felt the same about him.

I guess we always knew. We just weren't sure when.

But one weekday afternoon, sometime January 2012, while on a train from Changi bound to Tampines where we usually have dinner, I was asked this question : "When would you like to get married?" I smiled and jokingly answered, "Tomorrow!"

He smiled his usual smile and asked again, this time a little more seriously, "So... kelan nga?" I replied, this time also more seriously, "Before my next birthday." Without erasing that smile on his face, he said a hopeful, "Okay."

Fast forward to a few weeks later, the Sunday before Valentine's day, JP bought us couples rings. I was with him when he bought it and had mentioned this to me previously so I was not really surprised. I thought it was a sweet gesture nonetheless, especially when he decided that we would have our names engraved on them.

From then on, I knew we were heading towards a path to forever.

No comments: